If you’re anything like me, you always seem to find really interesting clothing on sites like Pinterest and Tumblr. It seems the girls can always find the perfect maxi skirt/dress, boots or fringe bag. Well I found a couple of sites that actually were made to tell you where to get the fabulous skirt you saw on Pinterest or Tumblr.
- Wanelo – You can make wish lists of cool things you find on the site like Starbuck’s shirts and other random bits you may like. It gives you a direct link to the shop or stores with similar products.
- Wheretogetit – This site is a little more organized; it broken up into sections (Tv shows,Bloggers,Trends,Brands,and Celebrities,etc.) This site is more like community where others tell you where to get similar items or the exact item. I really love this site; it’s easy to find what you’re looking for and chances are that someone else already posted a look that you wanted to know about.
I purchased this after using some when my mom purchased this in a set at Macy’s last year. Carol’s Daughter is a natural company that makes hair and body products that are supposedly all natural. You can purchase it from Carol’s Daughter online here or at Sephora and Macy’s.
According to the company, this product promises:
A rich, moisturizing recipe for dry, brittle and unmanageable hair to detangle and make it easier to style. The blend of Pro-vitamin B5 and Rose Extract Continue reading →
So today it was pretty cold and I wanted to be comfortable yet stylish for church. I paired my orange chunky sweater from Gap with black leggings and brown Steve Madden boots.
This wash day I decided to do a roller wrap and not use the blow dryer. The results were not what I expected, but that probably has to do with the fact that I am on the 6th week post relaxer and I want to stretch to eight weeks. I have new growth, but it isn’t that noticeable around the perimeter, but the center of my head is pretty hard to comb through.
As my normal washes I pre-pooed with a mix of Herbal Essences Honey I’m Strong Conditioner, Suave Naturals Coconut and Extra Virgin Olive Oil. I left this on for 45 minutes and rinsed with warm water.
Afterwards I followed up with Honey I’m Strong Shampoo and deep conditioned with Honey I’m Strong Conditioner for 1 hour . I roller set with jumbo rollers all over and sat under a hooded dryer and wrapped my hair and tied with a satin scarf .
Like I said, I wasn’t that impressed, maybe if I would’ve flat ironed my roots, then the look would’ve turned out better. But my new growth has just reminded me that I want to transition to be natural. My mom is natural and it took her about 9 months, but she wore wigs and had short relaxed hair. She told me to wait until after two years, so that’s what I’ll do.
So last week’s wash day was phenomenal! I pree-pooed with carol’s daughter Black Vanilla conditioner for 30 minutes and then washed wit the Black Vanilla shampoo. I deep conditioned for 2 hours with the Black Vanilla conditioner and my hair came out flawlessly.
Today I pre-pooed with Olive oil, Suave Naturals coconut conditioner and Honey I’m strong conditioner mix for 1 hour .
I washed my hair with Herbal essences honey I’m strong shampoo. I didn’t have time to deep condition today so I just conditioned with honey I’m strong. I did some more curls because my hair just seemed so soft and bouncy last week. I roller set at night and finger comb with olive oil in the morning.
I received the Goody simple Styles Spin Pin in my Beauty Bloggers Voxbox and I was a bit skeptical about how well they would work.
I tried them on my natural hair and on my clip ins and they Continue reading →
So I’m kinda in love with this conditioner. I love the way it smells, makes my hair feel; overall just really love this product Continue reading →
Ultimately I want my hair length mid-back or bra strap. I know that my hair loves moisture so I’ve been making sure to moisturize n’ seal ( using a hair lotion followed by an oil to seal the moisture like jojoba oil, extra virgin olive oil ) and my hair loves that.
I like this length; a little past the shoulders.
Here are a few specs about my hair:
• I have a relaxer. My last one was October 4,2012I did at one point think about transitioning but for the time being I really like having relaxed hair.
• my hair is currently grazing my collarbone( the longest piece ) and bangs stop a little past my nose. The shortest piece stops near my eyebrows.
• I don’t really have a regimen but I’m starting to build one
Saturday is always my wash day. It’s the day I have the most time to do my hair and take my time. This time I decided to do a co-wash because my hair wasn’t really dirty and a co-wash will suffice until next Saturday.
products used for co-wash
• Carol’s daughter Black Vanilla moisturizing conditioner
• Organic Root stimulator Heat protectant
• motions setting lotion
I noticed my ends were looking gross so I did a light trim. And I just curled it with a flat iron then wrapped it. My wraps turn out pretty nicely and I can tell my hair definitely loved the co-wash because it absorbed that moisture like a sponge. I might co-wash once a week or once every two weeks.